'I never trusted a polygraph again': Hillary Clinton LAUGHS in 30-year-old interview as she recalls how she helped a suspected child rapist walk free after the prosecution lost crucial evidence
- Hillary Clinton defended Thomas Alfred Taylor, 41, in 1975 in Fayettville, Arkansas
- Then aged 27, Clinton found a loophole in the prosecution case and Taylor walked free
- Newly unearthed audio interview from the early 1980s has Clinton discussing the case with Arkansas journalist
- Recordings throw into question Clinton's claim to be a champion of women and children's causes
- Taylor died in 1992 and his alleged victim is now a drug addict still in Fayettville, Arkansas
In a newly unearthed audio interview Hillary Clinton reveals how she managed to get a plea bargain for a man accused of raping a 12-year-old girl - and shockingly laughs as she indicated she knew he may have been guilty.
During the course of the conversation which dates from the early 1980s, Clinton, then 27, outlines how she used a mistake by the prosecution to get 41-year-old Thomas Alfred Taylor to walk free.
Indeed, so cavalier is her attitude to securing the freedom of a man suspected of raping a child that the shocking and candid interview may tarnish her role as an advocate for women and children in the United States.
The recordings which date from 1983-1987 were discovered by the Washington Free Beacon and are of Clinton recalling her role in the most important criminal case of her career.
This is not the first time that the trial has been written about.In 2008 at the height of her primary battle with Barack Obama, a Newsday story focused on Clinton's deeply controversial strategy of attacking the credibility of the girl.
'Rodham, records show, questioned the sixth grader’s honesty and claimed she had made false accusations in the past. She implied that the girl often fantasized and sought out ‘older men’ like Taylor, according to a July 1975 affidavit signed ‘Hillary D. Rodham' ‘in compact cursive,' wrote Newsday.
Hillary is pandering to women. It is amazing that despite getting a rapist to walk free, as well as assassinating the character of women who claim to have been molested by Bill Clinton, that she still has a lead among women.