Monday, May 23, 2016

Holocaust survivor achieves lifelong dream of singing national anthem at a MLB game



Dailymail Via Weasel Zippers

An 89-year-old Holocaust survivor fulfilled her longtime wish to sing the US national anthem at a Major League Baseball game.

Hermina Hirsch, dressed in all white, made her dream come true as she sang Saturday at Comerica Park in Detroit before the Detroit Tigers played the Tampa Bay Rays.
Hermina toldWWJ-TV: 

'At my age, I figure that this would do it. I don't want to die before I sing at a baseball game.'

Hermina told WWJ in April that she had no reservations about singing in front of thousands of fans at Comerica Park.

'If I lived through the concentration camp, it couldn't be that bad,' Hermina said.
Originally from Czechoslovakia, she lives in Southfield, Michigan, with her husband. She was 17 when her family was split up and sent to concentration camps in 1944. 

I am happy she got to live her dream. It is clear she is more proud of being American, and of America, than most politicians and blind partisan followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment